Thursday 18 June 2009

Art Rocks


















I was sitting on our beach admiring the lovely smooth white stones that had been washed in after a few high tides and it occurred to me that they might benefit from a bit of decoration.

So armed with a Rotring architect's pen filled with black ink, I started doodling on one of them and one week later - after a spray of varnish - this is the result. You may have gathered by now that this has become my latest obsession.

They can be quite effective arranged in a group plus they make very useful paperweights.

And if I gave a large rock the same treatment, it would make a good doorstop.

There's no stopping this girlie now! Rock on!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Judy. These stones are lovely.

    Yes, I was definitely inspired by Egyptian culture when designing my earrings. I have several other designs within this collection as well.

    Keep on painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stone designs - remind me of the recent foray into zentangles I need to get back to when I'm not so busy with paintings. Must comment on your serendipity info of your art journey. Wonderfully interesting. I must tell a friend who is interested in extending her theatre backdrop work into large mural commissions.

    ReplyDelete